I’ve updated the Delphi 2010 IDispatch proxy code I posted a couple of weeks ago, fixing a few bugs, improving how Delphi exceptions are handled in my IDispatch.Invoke implementation, and adding some set type support. For the latter, set values are now surfaced as objects with Empty and Contains methods, with the creation of new set values in script being made possible via a new descendent of TCustomDispProxy specially for set types.
That said, I’ve also added a more realistic demo in the form of a scriptable version of the old text editor standby. Being ‘more realistic’ meant two things in particular: drastically cutting down the scope for scripts creating Delphi objects (the issue here being Delphi’s lack of garbage collection in combination with VBScript’s lack of a try/finally equivalent), and creating some script-specific classes to abstract from the application’s internals – basically, you don’t really want to be exposing an application’s internals directly.
One thing I should mention is that because I was finishing it right at the end of my trial period, there’s the odd bug in the new demo’s UI that I didn’t have the time to clean up – in particular, I forgot to add disabled images for the formatting actions, which causes their icons go a bit funny when the app loses the focus. Nonetheless, the proxy code itself should be pretty solid. If you want to see it in action, download the revised code from here.